Who decided that it was ok to only allow 2 bags per person when traveling?
I'm not a clothes horse or anything but I AM moving to Costa Rica for a year after
all! Yes, I realize that I'll only need lightweight summer clothes. And my entourage of
animals just need their leashes (for some reason, they can take whatever they need when
they fly cargo on Delta!)
Flying with your person has gotten more complicated than flying with your cat and dogs.
Continental Airlines has 3 pages under the heading, "Baggage Information> Excess Baggage"
Apparently, animals and bags have the same worth to the airlines. It will cost me $200.00
for my third bag and it's going to cost me $200.00 for each animal that flies in cargo with Delta. That doesn't include the cost to board them for the 10 days that the heat embargo is
in effect, the cost of an airline ticket for my son to fly from Kansas City to San Jose, Costa Rica to San Jose, California (he was originally coming with me to help with the dogs, until I learned, too late, of the heat embargo) and the cost of the pick up service that will take me
from my little village of Parrita near Quepos in Costa Rica, to the airport in San Jose, Costa Rica to pick up my furry friends, and back.
But I digress, after I got my lesson on how to properly measure in linear inches, weren't we paying attention in geometry?, I re-read the part about, "Excess baggage...will be carried subject to load capacities of the aircraft". That's when I decided to chuck it all and fly as a Lacrosse team!
No comments:
Post a Comment