Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I won't be home. I won't even be having turkey.
My day begins with Sansa Air on their 30 minute flight to Arenal. Arenal is one of several
volcanos in Costa Rica. I'll be staying right at the base of an active volcano, hiking to the waterfall, bird watching and relaxing in a 90* river. There will be mineral baths full of mud to bath in and a flower garden along the way to the waterfall. It's my way of
forgetting that I won't be home with those I love. My family will be in different places
this year. What ever happened to over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house?
Here in Costa Rica only the Gringos will be celebrating. Grocery stores have brought in turkey's. Potatoes were purchased last Saturday at the open air market. Green beans, yams, even mushroom soup have all been bought. I overheard a father and son discussing which filling should go in their graham cracker crusts. Routines move on where
ever we go. People keep their lives the same whenever they can. And Holidays continue without you.
Oh, I could have stayed here in town and eaten at one of 5 restaurants that are
owned by Americans and having an American Style Thanksgiving. But I thought another adventure was in order. Can't wait to tell you all about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment