Today I took Lucy to the beach. It was mid-afternoon and there was triple the
number of people as when we first visited Playa Manuel Antonio. It's a full moon so the water was way up the beach. There was little space for sunbathers or soccer players.
Lucy wanted to play ball but was really afraid of the frequency of the waves.
So we walked up and down the beach. While I looked for shells, she kept watch out for anybody that she deemed unworthy of being close to me. By 4:00 the sun had gone behind the cloud layer and I decided to call it a day. But not an entire day.
Our taxi drove us home in record time and I rushed Lucy to get rinsed off. I had decided to go back to the mountain and watch the sun set. Something tells me it will be awhile before I can get a chance to do that. Showered in 3 minutes and dressed in 4, I was back in my little red taxi for the ride up the hill. I wasn't sure, but I decided to check out Ronny's Place. Set way off the road and on top of a hill, Ronny found the perfect spot for sunsets. As I sat on the incredibly hard and uncomfortable tile bench, my eyes moved left and right, unsure which vista was more beautiful than the other.
I've seen the sun set from many far away places. I know it takes about 2 minutes from the time the ball touches the water until it sinks into the water. What I didn't know until tonight is that the colors on one side of the vista can be straight out of Tuscany at the same time the colors on the other side of the vista can be robins egg blue.
Miraculous.
No comments:
Post a Comment