TT Alex just flew off, over the Costa Rican mountain range, back into civilization.
He'll go back to televisions, easy Wi-Fi access (those kids don't remember what
we had to go through to get Wi-Fi), cell phones within range and physics homework.
He won't have to worry about squeezing his own orange juice (just off the tree)
or what new vegetable to try, ayote is my new favorite (green like an apple on the outside and white like a potato on the inside. A taste between a jicima and a potato). He'll have the California sunshine and a brown eyed beauty waiting. I'm so glad he came. But it's good to start my new life without him.
We had quite the adventure here. The zip-line wasn't enough for me. I wanted us to have an extreme thrill so I took him canyoning. He thought it was a walk into a jungle canyon at first. I love surprises and this was a doozey. We did walk into the jungle but quickly came to a zip line where we rappelled down about 20 feet onto the rocks of a river. Rushing river.
Stomach lifter! Once on the rocks, we got a quick instruction about standing in the
rushing river and how to push yourself up should you fall. It was time to rappel again
only this time we dropped about 30 feet into a pool at the base of a small waterfall.
Very exhilarating!. Just throw your arms open wide and the guides let go of the rope!
You land in cold but not freezing water and swim to shore with the rope and cables
still around your waist. We did it twice, we loved it so much. But then it was time to practice in a waterfall, albeit a small, swift one. I went before Alex. Man was that river
powerful! Such a small amount of water at that point, but knocked me right off my feet.
It's hard of hold on with all your might, turn your body around so it's facing up the waterfall, and stand up. I ended up banging up my knee and getting an enormous amount of water in my face. What an adrenaline rush!
Now comes the big boy. You get hooked onto a cable just at the top of a waterfall
so tall that you can't see the bottom. The guide tells me to turn around and face him, keep a wide stance (an athletic stance ) and use my right hands along the rope to move my body down the waterfall. Yeah, right! Scared out of my mind but loving it, I slowly edge my body downward. My biceps were quivering and I've never been more grateful that I had
a personal trainer for the last year. One slip and I tumble 40 or more feet to a rocky bottom.
Thankfully, this time when I fell, my fear forced my hands onto the wall to help me up.
Alex came down like a champ but reported the same fear and exhilaration that I felt.
We agreed this was the most exciting activity we had ever had.

