I move out of this wonderful home in 5 more days. There are boxes to fill, friends to see
and phones to buy. Huh? New phones? Well the story goes like this. Monday I filled my car
with the winter clothes that I will need when I'm home for the holidays. As I pulled into my
cousin's driveway I was talking into my iPhone, trying to determine how many minutes I can record
using the Voice Memos. I parked the car and set the phone, still recording, on the roof.
You can probably figure out what happened next. Yes, off I went with the phone on the roof, still recording, driving home. It didn't take 5 minutes for me to realize what had happened and as I slowly drove back to my cousin's, I couldn't see my phone anywhere.
Not what I needed this week. No time to deal with a new phone, but needing to be reachable,
I took my sister's advice and went off to Wal-Mart to buy the $20.00 T-Mobile phone.
DON'T EVER MAKE THAT MISTAKE! I wasted a day messing around with a phone that
didn't even have coverage in my neighborhood. Luckily, I have a dear friend who came to my rescue
and dashed off to get me a new phone. An iPhone 4. What a blessing it is to have good friends!
Thank you B.
So tonight, instead of packing and paying bills and filling out documents, I sat in my garden to say goodbye to the birds and listen to the waterfall in my tiny pond. I glanced toward the opposite side of the garden and look what I was treated to. I've seen hundreds of cardinals over my 20 years here, but I never expected this. What a nice send off. This milo is a result of the seed droppings that gathered under
the bird feeder. It's a wonder to see these beautiful cardinals balance at the top of this grain.
Thank you Mother Nature.
If Murphy's Law were written today it would include ex-husbands getting in the way of my enjoyment
with our sons, dogs at kennels getting eye infections, fathers who want to spend time with you but never make the time to do it and bank accounts that don't work on-line. There would also be a clause for children going off to college who request yogurt fruit dip, children in town with adorable girlfriends that you never see and men who come out of the wood work declaring their interest in you.
What ever is the world coming to?
Last night I went out to finally have a meal with 2 of my sons, remember one is living in Chicago,
and when they drove away after dropping me off at my cousins, I realized I had no keys to get in and no phone to call anybody to help. I paced back and forth in the driveway until I got the brilliant idea to
go across the street to a woman I knew to see if I could use the phone. Knock Knock. Knock Knock.
I could hear the T.V. and saw the laundry hanging in the kitchen. I heard the dog bark. All the lights were on and the car was in the driveway. Knock Knock. 5 minutes. 8 minutes. Oh well. She must be in the shower. So I walk across the street to wait on the front step of my cousin's house. Naturally,
being me, I noticed the cops pulling up in front of the house.
" Hi!" "Hi!" It's Betsy Curry and I'm right over here!"
The police officer shined his light my way and said, "Hi Mam. I'm on another case right now but
I will be back in a moment." And what to my wandering eyes should appear but 3 policemen shining their flashlights all around the house of the house I just knocked on. You've got to be kidding!
They called the police?????? This was a friend and her daughter had spent most of the summer in
my house hanging with the boys. What was going on? Turns out the daughter got spooked, called her mother who wasn't expecting anyone that night and together they decided to call the police.
Oh Vey! What is with people today?
In the new version of Murphy's law, when someone needs help or gets locked out of their house,
Murphy will come to you with a cocktail and an apology for the trouble you've had.
I'm off to Denver to settle my youngest son into Denver University. Oh what a time he'll have!