On The Road Again

On The Road Again
The adventure begins with a drive.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Si Dios Quiero

     One of my personal missions is to be less frustrated. 
Since I was a litte girl, I have been easily frustrated and I have always felt I was less of a 
person because of it.  It leads to quick to anger which leads to disaster.  
     I now know that one of the reasons I've been led to come to Costa Rico is to rid myself of all frustration.  The Tico's say, "Pura Vida", which translates exactly to Pure Life, but which really means, "Take it Easy. It's OK. No Worries. No Problemo. Relax. Chill. Chill Out.", you get the idea. For those hippies out there, it's the new, "Hang Ten".  But back to being frustrated.
     Yesterday, I had arranged to meet two, 20 somethings in my new coffee shop, Cafe Milagro, to start tutoring them in English.  Forty-five minutes later I spoke with my new friend, Hellene, who is a waitress there.  She happened to know these gals and offered to call them. Everybody is friendly like that. Always telling me to let them know if I need help.  The problem is that the locals don't seem to take commitments seriously and if something comes up, they just don't show, don't call.  Pura Vida.  It seems that one gal forgot and the other couldn't find a babysitter for her 3 year old.  Now I was warned by those who came before me that this would happen.  Ok, I felt no frustrations.
    Today, I tried again only this time I was to meet the local bartender who knows a guy who might have an apartment for me.  The appointed time: 11:00. It's now 1:30.
I've eaten, emailed, chatted, blogged and telephoned. Apparently it might happen later.
     In the meantime, I'm hanging out in restaurants drinking lots of iced tea, wandering around the town to learn the stores and restaurants and generally looking for shade. If I don't go out today to look for a new house to live in, well tomorrow works too.
    
Si Dios Quiero.  If God Wants. If God's Willing.