Well, it's raining. It's such a pleasant little rain that it's hard to believe that it won't stop raining until November. Last night the raindrops were singing me a lullaby as the animals moved in closer on the bed. Rain is lovely to listen to but darn hard to sleep by.
Yesterday when class was over, my normal night time taxi guy, Fran, couldn't pick me up.
And my day time guy has just had a baby and couldn't pick me up either, so I started walking into town. 15 minutes. Pouring down rain. No umbrellaForget the clothes and the hair, just cover my lap-top!! By the time I got home I was drenched, my homework and project were ruined and the streets had become little rivers of their own.
That was yesterday. Today it was sunny. Until I had to go to my little cabin in the palm
nut farm. There, it is was raining and my little road had become a white water raft trip of it's own. My expensive Finn's were a muddy mess and the dogs didn't know if it was safe
to go outside! The school children don't seem to mind. They walk along as if all was well.
And for them it is. It's only this wimpy American that huffed and puffed into she got inside
to dry off that seems to mind. Where was my umbrella? My common sense? Why didn't I just wait inside one of the many restaurants until the rain stopped or I found a cab?
It's funny how quickly the inconveniences of life can get in the way. But the rain isn't an inconvenience for the Tico's. It's their way of life. Which is why a little rain never takes the smile off their face.
Rain, stay. You're needed to bring out the best of Costa Rica.